By: Thomas Jones, Staff Reporter
Regis’s Health Awareness Committee is hosting a Regis “Wellness Week” from Monday, Oct. 9 through Thursday, Oct. 12. The week will consist of many different activities which students can attend! The Health Awareness committee is also handing out small booklets, which they refer to as passports. These passports list out all the events happening during wellness week, as well as descriptions of these events. However, they aren’t just a schedule, they can also help you win prizes. If you attend these wellness week events there will be Health Awareness Committee members at each event to stamp your passport and confirm you attended the event; if you get four or more stamps in your passport and turn your passport at the Student Activities office by October 18th then you will be entered into a drawing to win Bronco’s tickets as well as a Sprouts gift card. If you’d like a Wellness Week passport you can pick one up at the desk inside the main doors of the Student Center.
The schedule of events for Wellness Week can be found below.
Tuesday, October 10th
- Yoga on the Quad at noon in the Quad: “Take a moment out of your busy day, and come relax through some calming, mindfulness yoga. All skills level welcome. Yoga mats provided.”
Wednesday, October 11th
- Jiu Jitsu Self Defense Class at noon in the Quad: “Jiu-Jitsu experts join us from Mile High Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Gym to teach Regis men and women how to defend themselves using techniques that utilize weaknesses.”
- Basics of Herbalism at 7:00 PM in the Science Lecture Hall: “Come meet your RUSGA Health Awareness Committee and join us in a discussion about Herbalism and alternative medicine.”
Thursday, October 12th
- Vegan Cookout at 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM in the parking lot east of Main Hall: FREE FOOD TRUCKS: “VeganVan and Wong Way Veg join us to serve up some tasty vegan dishes!”
- Vegan Cook-off at noon in the parking lot east of Main Hall: “Have a tasty vegan recipe of your own? Prepare and bring your dish to the cook-off for a chance to win a $50 Whole Foods Gift card! Text 480-318-1545 for more information.”
- Midnight Madness at 9:00 PM in the Fieldhouse: “Come cheer on our Regis University basketball teams as they compete in a dunk show and host a competition for our students.”